Monday 6 August 2007

the kings of wallpaper


The Jaskies came and stayed with us for a week. It was nice having them both sleep in our bed, whilst Michal and I took the couch in the living room. They arrived with news from the west and wild cherry liqueur, home made by Jasiek. It was the best damn cherry liqueur I have ever tasted! My dad is becoming a master of the brew. They brought over a litre and we polished it off in one evening. Apart from hanging the Jaskies were put into good use too. My dad and I hung some wallpaper in the living room. A wallpaper feature wall. It was bloody harder than expected. The damn thing was very difficult to align and it takes a lot of patience to get all the bubbles out. Like covering your exercise books with contact. Except on a bigger scale. See end result below.


8 comments:

Spoon Fork Knife said...

Good job! Perfectly aligned...

I like the three frames pics on the left there. Like the fish.

BTW - does you wall have a touch of pink in it, or is the couch so red that the colour gives the wall that look?

Justyna said...

Nah, no pink. It's like a gray mauve or something. The frames I brought back from NY. The cut outs I made from Japanese paper courtesy of Tabitha.

Spoon Fork Knife said...

I couldn't see you in a pink house, but thought I'd check.

As for the frames/cut outs... crafty!

mischa said...

excellent wallpaper choice!

your parents look like such cool cats. i hope i'll get to meet them one day.

Michael Wong Thye Seng said...

Looks ace. A significant improvement on Brezhnev/Hoennecker!

Karen said...

the wallpaper is EXCELLENT. And the hat alignment is masterful. The couch is very BIG.

Xiao Huang said...

Nice interior designing Justyna! and love the photo!

Anonymous said...

That is the greatest photo of your parents in wallpaper hats! They look so jolly I almost started to talk into my computer screen to catch up with them.

Natalia